Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weigh-In Mondays



Yesterday was my weekly WW weigh-in at work. Bah humbug... I stayed exactly the same, flat-lined from last week! 231.4 lbs. It's a bit disappointing but I know exactly why. Last week, even though I still kept up with my four weekly cardio sessions, I did not track like I'm supposed to. I started the week off tracking on Monday with the WW e-tools and the rest of the week lost absolute interest in tracking anything. Unfortunately, I also gained a renewed interest in all things chocolate and cookies.

If there is one thing I have learned over the past couple of weeks, it's how important tracking EVERY.SINGLE.THING you eat is. I know I want to get to a point where I never have to write things down again, but I'm certainly not there yet, particularly since I still have so many pounds to go. It is slightly tedious but the results are the reward. For example, a coworker of mine who had gained four pounds the week before when she did not track one morsel tracked last week and lost 4.6 lbs last week. Go figure.

Also, I need to continue to remind myself that eating right is about 80% of the journey, so I could workout every day of the week and still not lose; or even worse, gain weight. So here's to regrouping. We don't meet next week for the meetings due to Memorial Day so it will be two weeks before I know what the WW scale tells me but I will continue to weigh at home to monitor any changes I might be making in the meantime.

Here's to getting back on track!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment