Saturday, July 4, 2009

Water Weight and the like..

Behold, your prodigal blogger returns! I could find a lot of excuses for why I have not been regularly blogging but they'd all be lies. Truth is, I've been lazy! I have a million things swirling around in my head that I need to jot down on this blog, but sitting still long enough to do it often presents a challenge. Do forgive me.

This past week was Week 2 of Session 2 with Weight Watchers. I didn't have high hopes as I was retaining water. Yes, it was that time of the month. I mark those days on my WW tracker with a pink highlighter pen, because inevitably, I am a few pounds heavier and it brings me some comfort to know that there is a reason why I've gained. I weighed in on Monday at 232 lbs. Today, I weighed on my home scale at 229 lbs. I know I have not lost 3 lbs of fat in a week. Truth is probably 2 lbs was water and 1 lb was fat.

I am back to exercising regularly. I made the gym three times this week for my runs. My eating has been mediocre at best. I have been supplementing some of my meals with green smoothies (more on this later) but for lunch, I have eaten out every day the past week, which I'm not proud of. I don't even particularly enjoy eating out, unless it is something like Thai or Indian food.

Guys, I am 4lbs away from having lost 20lbs. I can't wait. For some reason, that is such a huge milestone in my head. June was a bust for me. I completely threw all caution to the wind and over-indulged during my birthday and my vacation, but in July, I plan to cross that 20 lb mark and even possibly, make my 10% WW goal of 24 lbs. Apparently, studies have shown that if you lose at least 10% of your body weight if you are overweight, you start to experience significant improvements in health.

On an even more positive note, I've been getting feedback from people saying they are noticing my weight loss and the size 18 jeans I bought the other day are now loose! I'm not going to go crazy yet and buy a size 16 but I can't wait till that moment when I'm able to slip those on comfortably!!!

Wish me luck!

XoXo

Lara!

No comments:

Post a Comment