Saturday, June 20, 2009

I'm back!!!


OK, so technically, I've been back since late on Wednesday night from what was a lovely escape from Dallas. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip. San Francisco, driving up the West Coast through the Avenue of the Giants, visiting the National Redwood Park and hiking its trails, touring Seattle...all of that was just what I needed.

I haven't had what can be considered a real vacation in years. I didn't realize what I'd missed. Just being in and around nature, climbing up hills, and seeing the coastal landscape brought a sense of clarity, serenity, and overall well-being that I haven't experienced in a while.

One thing I found surprising was how well I was able to keep up with my more athletic friends; one of whom plays soccer and the other runs half-marathons. Typically, I'd be out of breath and struggling to keep up with just walking, even. But with just these few pounds off, I felt energized, ready to take on any challenge. The desire to sit was rarely a thought in my mind.

Conversely though, I still marvel sometimes at pictures I see of myself because I somehow expect to be much smaller than I am. It's a weird dynamic because I start to wonder: "Damn, how big WAS I?" I realize I still have so far to go and while I've started on a great path of progress, it's time to regroup, refocus, and continue to whittle down the fat. I can't imagine how much better, I'll feel when I reach my goal weight.

It's all working serendipitously in sync. My new WW session starts on Monday and I'm so excited because it feels like a fresh start. I have gotten off the plan for the past month or so and I feel completely ready to plunge back in.

So friends, how are YOUR plans coming? Have they started? What struggles are you facing? Do share!

Ciao!!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment