Saturday, June 6, 2009

Paying Penance







Forgive me body, for I have sinned. You see, I had a birthday and decided to throw all caution to the wind and live it up! I ate, and I drank, and even though I made it to the gym on the morning of my birthday, I ruined that run with all the decadent desserts and fried calamari and sushi I consumed during the course of that day and thereafter.

I think I only counted points one day last week. As of today, I have worked out three times this past week. This morning, I jumped off the scale before it could really register that I was 5lbs heavier than my weigh-in on Monday in which I weighed in on the WW scale at work at 229.6 lbs.
Granted, I am retaining water (that time of the month) but I don't count that, I count all the grease, salt, liquor and every thing in between that I shoved in my mouth. I have regrets but I won't dwell on them because I had a good time. But it does go to show that exercise alone doesn't work for me. To lose weight and keep it off, I will ALWAYS need to be extremely mindful of what I eat. I don't know if I'll ever just be able to eat what I want, when I want.

So here goes, I'm trying to redeem myself this weekend so that my weigh-in on Monday does not lead me to tears. It's the end of our first WW session and we are trying to get another one going at work but not enough people have signed up yet. I hope it makes 'cause I'm still in so much need of help.

So here's to hopping back on the wagon. I'll always have fond memories of my birthday this year, but it's time to get back on plan.

Wish me luck!

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment