Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weigh-In Mondays



As usual, I'm posting this a day late! Mondays are hectic for me and by the time I leave work at 7pm, I just wanna come home and crash!

Anyhew, so yesterday was the first session of the new Weight Watchers program at work. It seemed like a lot more people joined this time around. There were certainly more men. Last session, by the end, there was only one man standing and he had beat all the ladies out with a 38 lb weight loss. Freak! :-)

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this weigh-in, quite frankly. I hadn't been tracking, hadn't been doing much deliberate exercise, but I knew even my new size 18 jeans were feeling loose, so I went in optimistic. I lost a pound, which is great, considering the fact that not only wasn't I trying to lose weight, I wasn't trying NOT to gain weight either. Perhaps even when I think I'm eating crap, I'm not eating as much crap as I once did. Anyway, my net weight loss is still at 15.8 lbs. I really want to get down next week though. I'm tired of seeing 230lbs on the scale.

Confession Time: Today, I went off plan. I had taken my lunch to work - steamed veggies and two slices of meatloaf from a local co-op here called Sprouts. But a fellow WW partner didn't bring her lunch as we'd planned and I easily succumbed to the allure of going to grab some fried catfish, fries, and hushpuppies! Bad Lara, Bad Lara! I love catfish and can't resist it. Anyway, to make it worse, another coworker was going to Braums and I asked her to bring me back some frozen yogurt. I got a small cup of it and it was great but I so didn't need that.

Anyway, as was reiterated in the session yesterday, sometimes we have to indulge our cravings. I came home tonight and cooked and plan to stay on track tomorrow.
I am also going to have to stop allowing myself to be so easily swayed towards unhealthier fare.

Tomorrow is a new day!

Lara

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady.... I LOVE your blog, it is so entertaining :-) Just to give you an update, I have finally gotten to 20's (just barely). I give all the credit to Zumba which I do 3-4 times a week, I love it!! Now, I just have to make sure I do not reverse my progress with vacation coming up. Keep the great tips coming!!

    ReplyDelete